Diggers Hydrochloric Acid (HCL) – (Spirits of Salts) is a solution of hydrogen chloride in water that is used as a pool pH adjuster and surface preparation treatment.
- Etching concrete floors prior to painting.
- pH adjuster for pool water.
- Brick cleaning.
- Metal cleaning.
- Chemical manufacturing.
- Colourless liquid with a very sharp, biting odour (do not inhale).
- Widely used in mining, building and pool industries.
For Brick Cleaning & Etching
- Remove lumps of cement with a scraper. Wet bricks thoroughly with water to prevent acid soaking into the bricks – failing to do so could result in bricks turning yellow/ green.
- Mix 1 part of Diggers Hydrochloric Acid with up to 10 parts water.
- Apply acid solution with a broad brush and then rinse off with water once chemical reaction (frothing) has ended.
As a pH Adjuster for Pool Water
- Add 100ml of Diggers Hydrochloric Acid per 40,000 litres of pool water to lower pH by 0.1 point (i.e. 7.9 to 7.8).
- Run pool pump for at least 1 hour after adding the acid.
NOTE: Never mix Hydrochloric Acid with Sodium Hypochlorite (Chlorine).
Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye / face protection when using this product.
Always add acid to water (NEVER ADD WATER TO ACID).